Monday, November 10, 2008


I have not abandoned the blog! I realized only a week ago that my last update was over a month ago so I finally decided to take a full 2 hours (actually it may go onto 3 if I'm able to get through to a few people on Skype) and get caught up on all emails, blog posts and picture updates.

Life in Ireland has settled down some which I'm sure has something to do with the fact that life goes on as normal as it would in Canada. I fall in love with Ireland a little more each day which has made me wonder what it will be like when I head back home but as that is not for some time to come it is something I am not going to worry about or really even think about until I step foot on Canadian soil next year. The one aspect of Ireland I love the most is how slow life is. I finally feel like I've stepped out of the rat race of what my life in Calgary was beginning to be caught up in and I actually don't feel bad about taking lazy days. I've read more books since I've been here and knitted more then I have in the last year or even two years. As the days pass I begin to realize that life has nothing to do with big houses, new clothes, or even careers and has everything to do with relationships. Although I miss, almost desperately at times, the people I have left on the other side of the ocean, I have realized that there are two things I hold most dear in my life, my friends and family and my relationship with God. Everything else is secondary. When I first came to Ireland, what I wanted to learn was where I would be in the future. I was so unsure about where God wanted me to be career wise and even location wise that I thought Ireland would be a big revelation for me. But the longer I stay here the more I see that it has little to do with that and has been more about grabbing hold of my relationship with my Lord. I feel like I've finally begun to relax for the first time in years. This afternoon I watched leaves fall in Fitzgerald Park as I curled up on a park bench. Listening to the sound of the river flow and watching the birds take flight and the smell of the leaves still damp from last nights rain was so breathtaking it brought tears to my eyes. Why is that I couldn't see that when I was in Calgary?

Courtney has just moved to Cork which has been such a blessing! We spent two days a part last week and then spent all Saturday night and Sunday together just to catch up! Our server at Scott's was not impressed that by the third time he came over we had still not opened up our menus :0) It has been amazing to have her here to talk with and site see with and just sit in a coffee shop and read a book. We're planning a trip to Barcelona for the first weekend in December and hopefully a trip up to Giants Causeway soon as well!

Other then that things go on as normal and no big events to report. I've posted pictures up on Facebook so if you have time check them out! The Cliffs of Moher were unreal and the pictures don't do them justice.

I promise I'll update more regularly :0)

Love,
Candice

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home